MEDRES is a 3-year project funded by the European Commission (DG Research) as part of their Sixth Framework Programme (FP6). OME is the project coordinator.
The MEDRES project aimed at:
1. Assessing the opportunities for cost-effective renewable energy systems in rural areas and villages;
2. Analyzing end-users acceptability of new technologies;
3. Measuring the impact of electrification on socio-economic development;
4. Elaborating a set of recommendations and adapted strategies;
5. Disseminating the results through a high-level final conference.
Duration: 36 months (January 2007 – December 2009)