A 2-years project funded by the European Commission (DG Research) as part of the Sixth Framework Programme (FP6). The REMAP project aimed at:
1. Identifying and prioritizing potential sites for Wind Power and Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) projects in Algeria, Jordan, Tunisia and Turkey. These projects have been identified after consultation with national stakeholders of the renewable energy sector ;
2. Compiling a Solar and Wind energy resource atlas for the Southern and Eastern Mediterranean area;
3. Establishing a dialogue with the main stakeholders (ministries, energy agencies, utilities, energy producers, banks…) by the organization of national workshops, in order to agree on the priorities and the needs towards Wind Power and Concentrated Solar Power in each country ;
4. Proposing adapted financing schemes for the identified projects ;
5. Elaborating an action plan implementation ;
6. Disseminating the results.
Duration: 2007 – 2008